DP / Final Project : Final Compilation & Reflection


10.25.2021 - 11.28.2021 (Week 10 - Week 14)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Design Principles / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Final Project: Final Compilation and Reflection

INSTRUCTIONS

Task 1a: Exercise 1

Task 1b: Exercise 2

Task 1c: Exercise 3

Project 1: Self-Portrait

Project 2: Sense of Place

Project 3: Visual Analysis



<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gnxmGcKqLPFjNqEvooUwyFBYEfO4NJJF/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>

II. Final Blog:
Ensure all exercises and projects are uploaded and complete with the requirements. Compile all in one Final Compilation, along with a final reflection.

Final reflection guiding questions:
• What have I learnt in this module? 
• What did I enjoy the most? 
• What did I not enjoy the most?
• What have I learnt about myself through this module?
• What has changed and what has not in my learning journey?
• What could be improved in this module?


SUBMISSION

Task 1a: Exercise 1
08.24.2021 - 08.31.2021 (Week 1 - Week 2)


Fig. 1.1 / Contrast, Week 2 (08.31.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U7_UFXcyRpyGCJjQ_-yfwDXYrckknM9I/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Fig. 1.2 / Gestalt, Week 2 (08.31.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BJCaLH8XgwYJ6u2tmZycy0TC-b3_UHdr/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>

Task 1b: Exercise 2
09.07.2021 - 09.14.2021 (Week 3 - Week 4)


Fig. 1.3 / Approximate Balance, Week 14 (11.23.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vaySEY9DtUEzLHGtWo_mL3L51ElfiUbi/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Fig. 1.4 / Movement, Week 3 (09.07.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LDjguonT5Y8Le5-OBWlc3qv-JTb7-Qvg/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>

Task 1c: Exercise 3
09.14.2021 - 09.28.2021 (Week 4 - Week 6)

Fig. 1.5 / Unity, Week 4 (09.14.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/150oDhIIYLAlAvulRb6hhXnOGok9-1RoK/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Fig. 1.6 / Harmony, Week 5 (09.21.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1oB6ODCVxc7tpGSw1Jn_ufaW3nzPSbm/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Project 1: Self-Portrait
09.28.2021 - 10.15.2021 (Week 6 - Week 8)


Fig. 2.1 / Self-Portrait, Week 7 (10.05.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d_PU5LwcxNhpJQ1FuNecZS1TdyrFSHZk/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Project 2: Sense of Place
10.05.2021 - 10.31.2021 (Week 7 - Week 10)


Gif. 3.1 / Boomerang of Sense of Place, Week 9 (10.19.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eeHfaJTzol8en_8FB4eZmvDu-3HPSnA5/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kTeJh22PrTQoGDwHUuSSi7fpDxx44yOR/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


Project 3: Visual Analysis
10.25.2021 - 11.28.2021 (Week 10 - Week 14)


Fig. 6.1 / Visual Analysis, Week 14 (11.23.2021)


Vid. 6.1 / Final Outcome, Week 14 (11.23.2021)


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYZjQc2_WTVXQD6s_5YlLmrDjFeGWNqe/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


REFLECTIONS

What have I learned in this module? 

    Design Principle is one of my favourite subjects, both in terms of lessons and lecturers. I learned a lot about the design principle. At first, I didn't really understand this class, but gradually I started to understand. I learned a lot about contrast, gestalt, arbitrary, symmetrical balance, self-portrait, visual analysis, etc. I didn't know about this before because when I was in high school, I didn't learn about design like this.

What did I enjoy the most? 

    I am happy to learn about the design principle with lecturers like Dr Jinchi and Mr Charles. The task that I like the most is the final project, visual analysis. The task is the longest task and the task that requires the most effort compared to other tasks. In this task, I found my other art style. I am very grateful to be able to complete these tasks properly and on time. Another thing that I like is we are allowed to use any medium as our design. So this does not limit what I want to do in my work. I'm grateful that I can work on other than still images, namely 3D images.

What did I not enjoy the most?

To be honest, I don't like the assignments in exercises. For some reason, it feels very heavy and the medium used is limited, I'm sure it's a traditional, paper medium. I'm not very good at traditional work. Even though I didn't have basic in digitally

What have I learnt about myself through this module?

If I'm honest, I used to do those tasks like a formality. So I don't enjoy doing it, what I always think is "The important thing is to finish quickly", that's what I often think about first. But after a few words from Mr Charles, which hit me quite a bit, I realized that I should be enjoying this. What matters is not only the result but the process as well. After entering self-portrait, I enjoy doing it more, I don't feel it's just a formality, but I want to do it more, with originality and authenticity. What makes me enjoy this assignment is how Mr Charles treats us. Mr Charles is really helpful and nurturing us all patiently so that we don't feel stressed and burdened

What has changed and what has not in my learning journey?

 What had changed is when I collected old works, I was very surprised that my progress in drawing progressed very far and rapidly. I also found a lot of design principle applications in other subjects. Maybe that's what helped me understand more about the design principle. What hasn't changed maybe I still complain a lot when I get a lot of assignments haha

What could be improved in this module?

    Maybe while in exercises. I find it too hard to have 2 works to do in each exercise for students who are just starting college. I was quite overwhelmed and stressed while working on it, and the results were not optimal. When I look again at the old tasks, I feel like I want to do it again because the results are very unsatisfactory. But other than that, everything is fine and it's even become one of my favourite subjects. Dr Jinchi explained her lectures very well so that I, who previously had no design basis, understood and could do my assignments well. Mr Charles, who always gave very clear, easy to understand, and reasonable feedbacks, made me able to do my job even better. I am very grateful to get a design principle class in semester 1 or this early semester.

Comments

  1. I can see your strength in visual storytelling! Its a worthwhile finish to your course in Design Principles! Well done to your effort for this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment