SONIC DESIGN // FINAL PROJECT

10.11.2022 - 06.12.2022 (Week 11 - Week 15)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Design Research Methodology / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Project: Game Audio
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/14x0F1yE72LvvWGR8SK-8hUcI8u08SfLx/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>
 
Students will be given a choice of silent movie video clips. They will then need to create the sound and bring the movie to life. Students will have to plan and organize their studio recording session for Foley and voice recording. They will also have access to the portable recorder if required.


LECTURES


PRACTICAL

WEEK 13 // 22.11.2022
This week, I just started to do this assignment because I have a lot of things to do these weeks. we were given a lot of choices of the video game. I chose Battleblock Theatre for my final assignment.

Fig. 2.1 - 2.2 / Choices of Video Games, Week 13 (22.11.2022)

First, I collect all the sounds. I record it by myself, there are some that my friends help me to record, and I also make the sound from the Garage Band. Here is my progress.

Fig. 2.3 - 2.6 / Collecting Sounds, Week 13 (22.11.2022)


WEEK 14 // 29.11.2022
This week, I started to edit it. At first, I don't know what software I should use. I edit the sound from the audition and then export it to Adobe Premiere Pro. 

Fig. 2.7 / Edit in Adobe Premiere Pro, Week 13 (22.11.2022)

It took a very long time and a hard time to edit it. Then, I was told that we can export the video to adobe audition, the video only as a reference. I decided to re-do it again in adobe audition. Here is my progress.
Fig. 2.8 - 2.16 / Progress, Week 14 (29.11.2022)

Here is my first attempt.
Fig. 2.17 / First Attempt, Week 14 (29.11.2022)

Then I asked the group for feedback. Here is my second attempt or Final.

Fig. 2.18 / Final Result, Week 14 (29.11.2022)


FEEDBACK

WEEK 14 // 29.11.2022
- (Hadi) At 0:25 the gem I think u forgot the sound cause other ones have
- (Max) To add on from Hadi, u might wanna add some variation for the double jump cuz the "wee" jump sounds a bit weird to me cuz it occurs every time, maybe sometimes "wee" and sometimes another sound?


REFLECTION

In this module, I have learned many things. I feel that all the material we have learned in the previous exercises and previous projects has been used in this final project. I also learned another new thing, namely how to play or produce the sound I want with a garage band on my iPad. I am grateful to have completed this project and can get feedback from my classmates. It would be even better if I could get direct feedback from Mr Razif. Of all the sounds, I had the most trouble finding the run sound above the box and also the exploding sound. I have become more sensitive to types of sound. I also realized that this sound design has been used in other classes as well. I am grateful to have taken this module and to have been taught by Mr Razif.

Comments