MOTION GRAPHICS AND COMPOSITING // PROJECT 3

26.10.2023 - 0.0.2023 (Week 9 - Week 11)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Motion Graphics and Compositing / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 3: Channel Identity
MIB
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTRckK0VN5VroWtHv1ZGZx6Mg-gvVwhi/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>



RESEARCH

WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023

Channel Bumper -  who is the brand
Channel Identity - what is the brand doing (product and services)

Storyboard:


Animatic:


From storyboard to animation



Then Mr Fauzi explained to us how to save our time and effort.

Fig. 1.1 / Planning

CB channel bumper
A animation (combine with proj 1)
FP first project
SP second project
CFA Call for action



PROCESS

WEEK 6 / 05.10.2023

First I make the ideation of what brand I'm gonna remake.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTclnHjMUnTJMYQKNzGkleVZPQdVAec-HoM9eMsV3ojtBRZUyJdNrgHIXy_m7cFPFi0kVHfLu-NdBCW/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000" frameborder="0" width="960" height="569" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>


WEEK 7 / 12.10.2023

Then I tried to make the outline cleaner using AI and the storyboard.
Fig. 2.2 / Sketch #1

Definitely, there will be amendments because it's a bit hard to draw the transitions.


WEEK 8 / 19.10.2023

I realised that my sketch is for Channel Identity (not Channel Bumper). Here are some references for the next project.

Channel Bumper -  who is the brand
Channel Identity - what is the brand doing (product and services)

I decided to re-do my sketch so that more suitable for Channel Bumper.
Here are my references for Channel Bumper.


WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023

This week, I did the ideation sketches first. Here are my sketches.
My first idea.


Fig. 2.3 - 2.16 / Story Board#1

The story:
A guy played football and he saw the keeper drinking 'Pepsi'. He shoots the ball but the keeper can catch it very easily because of 'Pepsi'.

My second idea.
Fig. 2.17 - 2.24 / Story Board#2

The story: 
Basically just a scene where they enjoy it their life because of Pepsi.


WEEK 10 / 02.11.2023

After receiving Mr Fauzi's feedback, I realized my work was not what should be. I should have just taken the existing/ what Pepsi had already and I just edited the video and combined it with motion graphics. This week, I redo the ideation. I got all the Pepsi videos from this YouTube Channel.


Fig. 2.25 / Pepsi Channel


Here are my references.


Here is my ideation/ storyboard #3.

Fig. 2.26 - 2.32 / Story Board#3

I'm planning to use a collage. My other idea is playing with text.
Story Board#4


Fig. 2.33 - 2.39 / Story Board#4

Here is my progress.
I download all the video and music that I need first. 

Fig. 2.40 - 2.41 / Sound and Video from Pepsi

Then, I edit the music as my main instruction in Adobe Audition.

Fig. 2.42 / Adobe Audition

Then I prepared the illustration before I animated it in Adobe After Effects.

Fig. 2.43 / Adobe Illustrator.

Then I cut all the videos that I had downloaded and took some scenes that I needed.

Fig. 2.44 / Cut.

I chose a certain 'theme', for example, only food will taste good when you drink Pepsi; you will feel very happy when you drink Pepsi, which makes you want to dance.

Fig. 2.45 / Grouping into a certain theme

Then some of the scenes I put as a loop.

Fig. 2.46 / Looping

After that I tried to fit in with the collage that I made in AI.

Fig. 2.47 / Collage

Then I did the video editing by changing the colour.

Fig. 2.48 - 2.52 / Change the colour

Then I create the text repetitively.

Fig. 2.53 - 2.54 / Repetitive Text Animation

Then I combined it with another video.

Fig. 2.55 - 2.56 / Text combined with video

Last but not least, I put the additional motion graphic from the channel bumper and also from Project 1.

Fig. 2.57 / From Project 1&2

After I showed it to him and got Mr Fauzi's feedback, I removed the stars and did masking in some videos.

Fig. 2.58 / Masking


Here is the result.


FEEDBACK

WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023
- Just a minor comment, in the beginning, you can change the slice direction to the same as the Pepsi logo.
- The soda water can faster a bit, to show up more.
- For this project (vector) is done, later on, in project 3, you can add humans/ people (overlay it).

WEEK 10 / 02.11.2023
- Used Pepsi's existing video.
- Use from previous projects as well
- Edit the video and combine it with motion graphics. For example, the Pepsi logo inside is people.

WEEK 11 / 09.11.2023
- Remove the stars, because it doesn't fit with the Pepsi identity.
- You can mask some of the videos.


NEXT COURSE OF ACTION

WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023
- Prepare for Project 3

WEEK 10 / 02.11.2023
- Redo the ideation

WEEK 11 / 09.11.2023
- Prepare for Project 4


SUBMISSION: Project 3

Project 3 - Channel Identity



REFLECTION

From the beginning, I was very confused about Channel Identity. Gratefully Mr Fauzi guided me thoroughly so I could finish the project before the deadline. I had fun with this project. I find that I need to really understand the brand first before I do the channel identity. Not only understand but also observe all the details and art direction of Pepsi. It is challenging at the same time because I need to follow what Pepsi have. Mr Fauzi reminded us this is how industry design companies work. We did what clients wanted, not what we wanted. I'm glad I had this opportunity knowledge and experience from Mr Fauzi.

Comments