MOTION GRAPHICS AND COMPOSITING // PROJECT 2

05.10.2023 - 26.10.2023 (Week 6 - Week 7)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Motion Graphics and Compositing / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 2: Channel Bumper
MIB
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTRckK0VN5VroWtHv1ZGZx6Mg-gvVwhi/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>



RESEARCH

WEEK 6 / 05.10.2023

LECTURE:
1. Animation Techniques.
2. Watch the lecture video:

DESCRIPTION:
Students will synthesise the knowledge gained in Task 1 for application in Task 2.
Students are to demonstrate the ability to explore and generate an abstract channel bumper in any creative approach with consideration of good audio tempo and visually compelling video.

REQUIREMENTS:
Students are to use the information for any proposed channel (*existing or fictional)
create a mood board that reflects their concept/idea style guide that conveys the final look and feel
storyboard animatics explore appropriate audio to uplift the motion tempo
Students will start with sketches and test a wide range of conceptual ideas through digitization using the appropriate software. Students conclude by selecting and presenting their personal design interpretation in the instructed format/s.

SUBMISSION:
Compiled and present your progress in Slide
(*mood board, style guide, sketches, storyboard, technical processes as posted in e-portfolio).
Final output will include a 10 – 15 sec video (*.mp4, h2.64, 16:9 - 1920 X 1080, 25 fps, ACC, 48kHz, uploaded to YouTube channel).

REFERENCE:


What is Channel Bumper?
: a brief announcement, usually two to fifteen seconds in length that can contain a voice-over, placed between a pause in the program and its commercial break, and vice versa




PROCESS

WEEK 6 / 05.10.2023

First I make the ideation of what brand I'm gonna remake.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTclnHjMUnTJMYQKNzGkleVZPQdVAec-HoM9eMsV3ojtBRZUyJdNrgHIXy_m7cFPFi0kVHfLu-NdBCW/embed?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000" frameborder="0" width="960" height="569" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>


WEEK 7 / 12.10.2023

After receiving Mr Fauzi's feedback, I chose Pepsi as my logo.

I made the sketch first.
Fig. 2.1 / Sketch

Then I tried to make the outline cleaner using AI and the storyboard.
Fig. 2.2 / Sketch #1

Definitely, there will be amendments because it's a bit hard to draw the transitions.


WEEK 8 / 19.10.2023

I realised that my sketch is for Channel Identity (not Channel Bumper). Here are some references for the next project.

Channel Bumper -  who is the brand
Channel Identity - what is the brand doing (product and services)

I decided to re-do my sketch so that more suitable for Channel Bumper.
Here are my references for Channel Bumper.





Here is my sketch.
Fig. 2.3 / Sketch#2

Before I start to animate it, I do the digital sound editing first in Adobe Audition. 
Here are the sources.


Progress in Adobe Audition.

Fig. 2.3 / Digital Sound

Here is my animation progress.

Fig. 2.4 - 2.5 / Assets

Logo Animation
Fig. 2.6 / Procreate

Then I export it to Adobe Animate for better animation.

Fig. 2.7 / Animate

Then I try to animate it in After Effects
The first composition, it's a pop to indicate a party. 

Fig. 2.8 / The first composition

The second composition is the coke water effect.

Fig. 2.8 / The second composition

The third composition is the "sighing satisfied" effect.

Fig. 2.9 / The third composition

The fourth composition is the sparkle effect.

Fig. 2.10 / The fourth composition

The last composition combines everything.

Fig. 2.11 / The last composition


Here is the result.



FEEDBACK

WEEK 7 / 12.10.2023
- I prefer Pepsi
- The advertisement is towards the video editing
- Few illustrations, more focus on the motion graphics and compositions.

WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023
- Just a minor comment, in the beginning, you can change the slice direction to as same as the Pepsi logo.
- The soda water can faster a bit, to show up more.
- For this project (vector) is done, later on, in project 3, you can add humans/ people (overlay it).



NEXT COURSE OF ACTION

WEEK 6 / 05.10.2023
- Project 2: Channel Bumper
- Choose 1 brand that you like
- Try to recreate, (if the reference is just a simple one, so we won't degrade the advertisement)
- Come up with References - Moodboard - Sketches - Storyboard.
- Next week references, mood boards and sketches will do

WEEK 7 / 12.10.2023
- Animate it

WEEK 8 / 19.10.2023
- Deadline 26 October.

WEEK 9 / 26.10.2023
- Prepare for Project 3


SUBMISSION: Project 2

Project 2


REFLECTION

I'm glad that I can take this module for making a channel bumper. I realised that a lot of graphic design companies need motion graphics and composition. Even though I did it for the next project, I'm glad that I can finish it before the deadline. I found out the difference between Channel Bumper and Channel Identity. 


Comments