DPI / Project 4: Final Project (Week 13&14)

10.25.2021 - 11.27.2021 (Week 10 - Week 14)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Project (Project 4): Final Project
Jump Link

LECTURES

There is no lecture this week. It's consultation week.


TUTORIAL

There is no tutorial this week. It's consultation week.


INSTRUCTION


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzzNSVxa0kKS--SV78TKxs6WRnUGRU4z/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


PRACTICAL

Progress
Since Mr Fauzi wanted me to revision my work. He said my design is too dark, the detail of photography is lacking. 
Here is one of my references.


Fig. 1.1 / One of my references of Typography, Week 13 (11.15.2021)


Here is my progress.


Collect the elements.


Cut and Stretch the background.


Colour correction.


Combine all of them.


Put the clouds.


Try to put the typography.


Try another type of poster


Try to put the black and white filter


Fig. 1.2 - 1.10 / Progress, Week 13 (11.15.2021)

Here are my second results.


Fig. 1.11 - 1.12 / Second Results, Week 13 (11.15.2021)

Personally, I prefer my second poster.
Since there is a revision in the light, I also need to revision the still poster too. Here is the progress.  I need to use the selection tool first for me and then I bring the light behind my head. 


Fig. 1.13 / Light, Week 14 (11.22.2021)

Final Result
Here is the final result.


Fig. 1.14 / Result, Week 14 (11.22.2021)

Animated
After I import the PSD file from Adobe Photoshop to Adobe After Effects, I start to animate them. Here is the progress.


Animate the opacity of the black and white filter.


Mask path the 2021 word.


Mask path the DPI word.


Animate the opacity of the Eunoia word.


Animate the position and the opacity of the Greek word.


Animate the position and the opacity of the explanation.


Rotate the moon.


Animate the position of every music group notes. There are 9 groups of music notes.


Animate the scale and the opacity of the light.


Export the video as a QuickTime.
Fig. 2.1 - 2.10 / Progress of Animating, Week 13 (11.15.2021)

I import the file into Adobe Premiere Pro, to add the sound. This is the song that I got.
Song: Salut d'Amour, E. Elgar - Anastasiya Petryshak

I chose this because it's really suitable to create a beautiful and elegant vibe. Here is the progress of adding the sound.


Fig. 2.11 / Sound#1, Week 13 (11.15.2021)

After that, we upload it on youtube. Here is the result.
Youtube: Eunoia#1

The elements inside my poster are:
1. Moon
I choose the moon because I’m a night person, not a morning person.
2. Music & Bar in Music
I love hearing music, especially classical music. That’s why there is a music note and the bar.
3. Light
It represents the light, a beautiful mind
4. Typographical (like a postcard)
It seems to be organised, and I’m the type who organised. Support classical/ old but gold era.
5. Clouds
To support the beautiful and bright look.
6. Crown leaves
To support the music, it’s classical.
7. Sparkle
To fulfil the gap/ negative space.

Eunoia
[yoo-noy-uh] - Greek
(n. ) a pure and well-balanced
Mind, a good spirit.
“Beautiful Thinking”


Next, In week 14, Mr Fauzi suggested I erase the gap between the light and the head. Here is the progress of animating and adding sound.


Fig. 2.12 - 2.13 / Last Progress, Week 14 (11.22.2021)

Last but not least, I export it to the media encoder as h.264 and upload it again on youtube. Here is the result.

Revision Eunoia - Final Project DPI / Digital Surrealism

    When we get into so many problems, we forget to think positive and always think about the bad. I will describe this in black and white. But if we want to stop for a moment, try to think positively, well mind, beautiful thinking, everything can happen more beautifully. This is how I describe how when the poster becomes coloured, the music notes move as if dancing to the sound of the music and the moon is the axis. The conclusion to my message in this design is don't forget to stop for a moment and think, have you tried well mind and beautiful thinking? Smiles! it will make you better. Eunoia~

Final Outcome
Digital Poster


Fig. 3.1 / Final Outcome, Week 14 (11.22.2021)

Animated
Link: Eunoia - Final Project DPI / Digital Surrealism


Vid. 3.1 / Final Outcome, Week 14 (11.22.2021)


FEEDBACK

Week 14 / 11.22.2021
    That's a good one. Better and brighter result than the previous one. What can you improvise is the scale of the sun. People will look to the negative space so you need to close the gab this space. Maybe you can bring it down a bit until everything is on the back. If you think this is a bit crucial then just remove this and think of something else. Maybe you can rotate it as well. You can do rotate or zoom.


REFLECTION

At first, I was very confused when animating it and the results were not satisfactory. However, thanks to Mr Fauzi's feedback, the second poster design was brighter and more satisfying, although I had to rework it. I really enjoyed this week's work. I am grateful that Mr Fauzi is very attentive in detail to my project by providing relatable feedback as well. I am also grateful that I was able to complete this task well.

Comments