DPI / Week 1: Practical

08.23.2021 (Week 1)
Devina Angeline Wiratama / 0350824
Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Week 1: Exercise


LECTURES

Week 1 - Lecture / 23.08.2021
        First of all, Mr Fauzi Yusoff opened with the Lecture section. In this section, he introduced Digital Photography and Imaging, briefed the module information booklet, and showed past student’s work. He also informed us that in week 3 we will be using photoshop so please contact ICT. He told us to fill in some data such as cellphone number, email address, and Blogspot address.


TUTORIAL

Week 1 - Tutorial / 23.08.2021
        Second, Mr Fauzi Yusoff opened with the Tutorial section. In this section, he asked students to join the Google Classroom of DPI. In google classroom, we can receive all the assignments from the lecture. Besides, he informed us that in the next week, we will make a physical collage design with a magazine, etc. 


INSTRUCTIONS

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzzNSVxa0kKS--SV78TKxs6WRnUGRU4z/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>


WEEK 1 - PRACTICAL 

1. Bezier Game
Fig. 1 / Trying Bezier Game, Week 1 (08.23.2021)
Notes:
I never knew this game existed before. I was almost frustrated while working on the heart in the tutorial stage. However, if you can play this, this game is very interesting and informative. Thanks to this game, I just realized I've been using the pen tool wrong this whole time. Not only tell me how to use it but also practice my comfort in holding the pen tool. Highly recommended game!


2. Create your E-Portfolio blog.
3. Register Pinterest & Behance
4. List down your 3 favourite graphic design works from Pinterest. Explain why you like the designs?

Design #1: Fig. 2 / Reference#1, Week 1 (08.23.2021)

Description:

The first time I saw this photo, I could immediately guess that it was a collage music album. In my opinion, the placement of the message and the illustration have reached the reader. How the illustrations of mountains and above the clouds describe the word "Cold". The illustrations of clouds, flying ships, and windows are as if you are daydreaming when you see the clouds in the sky through the window, which describes a "dream". Cut to the case, I like it!


Design #2: Fig. 3 / Reference#2, Week 1 (08.23.2021)

Description:

I love the emphasis! Even though there is a lot of letters, however, the emphasis on "error" makes it eye-catching. It's a very good design for a film poster. I also like the expression of the actress who is depressed in a calm way.



Design #3: Fig. 4 / Reference#3, Week 1 (08.23.2021)

Description:

Exquisite! This is my most favourite design. From the background, the colour is soft pink and the cloth as the material makes an elegant and feminine impression. Although I do not really understand the meaning of this design, the depiction of flowers, trees, and butterflies makes it look alive. It's as if this image is moving.



FEEDBACK

I need to change my Blogspot from Wix into Blogger because Mr Fauzi said The E-portfolio required Blogspot for the main blog.


REFLECTIONS

It was really chill and fun how the class began. I've learnt how to use pen tools through the Bezier games and also I learnt about how to appreciate others designs/ art.

Comments